Saturday, November 14, 2009

Weekend Cooking: Three New Cookbooks


Beth Fish Reads hosts a Weekend Cooking meme, which is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: book (novel or non-fiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, recipes, etc.

Here are three hot-off-the-press cookbooks that are waiting for me to dive into! Don't worry...I'll be sure to post my favorite recipes from them, too!



(All descriptions from Amazon)

The Comfort Table: Recipes for Everyday Occasions by Katie Lee
A guide to enjoying great food with good friends around the Comfort Table, Katie Lee's simple recipes for cooking and entertaining guarantee the best kind of meals -- ones prepared with love that turn every occasion into a celebration.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl by Ree Drummond
The Pioneer Woman Cooks is a homespun collection of photography, rural stories, and scrumptious recipes that have defined my experience in the country. I show my recipes in full color, step-by-step detail, so it's as easy as pie to follow along.

Matt and Ted Lee were raised on long-simmered greens, slow-smoked meats, and deep-fried everything. But after years of traveling as journalists and with farm fresh foods more available than ever, Matt and Ted have combined the old with the new, infusing family recipes with bright flavors. Using crisp produce, lighter cooking methods, and surprising combinations, these are recipes to make any night of the week.

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Those all look great! One of the Lee Brothers spoke at SIBA and he is passionate about food and cooking!

Beth F said...

Simple Fresh Southern looks particularly good, as do the others. I feel a cookbook buying spree coming on.

Margot said...

I like the Pioneer Woman Cooks. I've been following her blog for a couple of years and I've already tried many of her recipes. Very tasty. I'm sure you will enjoy the reading as well.

Nise' said...

I'd buy Ree's books for the pictures and stories! LOL

caite said...

I have heard wonderful things about Ree Drummond's book. I will have to take a look at it!

Tales of Whimsy said...

OMG
I love Ree's site and can't wait to get my hands on her book :D

Harvee said...

I don't normally do cookbooks, but just reviewed one on a fruit I like, in jams, that is. - quince. There is a cookbook giveaway on my blog, Simply Quince, if you or your readers are interested.