Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What I've Been Reading

I've completely gotten out of the book reviewing routine, and I know that I need to find a format that works for me (and my schedule!) to post write-ups of books that really spoke to me. It doesn't help that there have been quite a few books recently that just haven't been able to hold my interest long enough to finish.

That said, the beginning of a new month has inspired me. I've resolved to post one book review a week. I'm ready to get back into it!

Just to get up-to-date (and so I can start from scratch), here's a quick list of books that I've read within the past month that I really enjoyed:

The Wide Smiles of Girls by Jennifer Manske Fenske

Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan

Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter by Lisa Patton

Prospect Park West by Amy Sohn

Thanks for being patient while I have just been posting Waiting on Wednesday previews lately! New book reviews are on the horizon!

3 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

The one on your list that I most want to read is "Whistlin' Dixie..." and I'm hoping for a giftcard or $$ for Christmas : )
I look forward to all your reviews, Jill! You've made my TBR list grow exponentially via Waiting On Wednesday!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

I haven't read any of these four, but it's nice to know you enjoyed them (since you said you were in a bit of a reading rut!)

Melissa said...

I've gotten out of the habit of writing reviews too and need to get better about it!