Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Silent Sister


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


The Silent Sister
By Diane Chamberlain

Publication Date: October 7

From Amazon:

Riley MacPherson has spent her entire life believing that her older sister Lisa committed suicide as a teenager. Now, over 20 years later, her father has passed away and she's in New Bern, North Carolina cleaning out his house when she finds evidence to the contrary. Lisa is alive. Alive and living under a new identity. But why exactly was she on the run all those years ago, and what secrets are being kept now? As Riley works to uncover the truth, her discoveries will put into question everything she thought she knew about her family.  


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!



16 comments:

Yvonne said...

I always enjoy Diane Chamberlain's books.

Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms said...

I haven't read any D Chamberlain before, but I like the sound of The Silent Sister (pun not intended)

Happy reading, Jill :)

Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

Unknown said...

I'm a new blogger so i've only just discovered waiting on wednesday. It's such a cool idea though! :)

Anonymous said...

Whoa that sounds really good. It's definitely going on my summer TBR list. :)

Happy Reading!

Sarah (Sarah's Book Shelves) said...

Sounds interesting! I've never read this author, but she has me curious!

Kristin A. said...

I'm not really a big contemporary reader but your pick sounds quite interesting. I wonder why they lied and if the parents had been in contact with her since fleeing?

Grace Fonseca said...

I have seen a few D. Chamberlain books before, but they do sound very good.

Grace @Books of Love

Tracy said...

This sounds like a really good read! I'll be adding it to my TBR list!

Tracy said...

And... I just realized my link posted with a title from last week. Oops!

Unknown said...

This sounds pretty good. I've liked the couple of her books that I've read. Here's my WoW: Cast in Flame.

Mel said...

Another book that sounds pretty great!

Reading Away The Days said...

Great choice. :-)

Laura said...

Sounds like an interesting book. Wondering if anyone in the family kept in touch with the other sister and why she disappeared.
Hope you enjoy it!

Kim@Time2Read said...

This one sounds really good! I'm adding it to my list!

Jen @ bthreviews said...

It sounds really good. I've wanted to read Diane Chamberlain for a while now.
I didn't participate this week in WoW. I'll try to remember to join in next week.

Kelly said...

Hope this is right. I am not always good at putting up wow!